Here are some race-neutral solutions that would benefit society as whole and consequently would eliminate opportunities for institutionalized racism to pop up:
- Legalize the manufacturer, transportation, and sale of ALL controlled substances — ideally to the point where the cost is on par with alcohol or less. Regulate similarly to alcohol. Offer substance abuse treatment instead prison for DUI, underage possession, etc.
- Remove the qualified immunity doctrine protecting questionable law enforcement behavior, end civil asset forfeiture (unless convicted by a jury), end no-knock warrants, end the militarization of the police — only allow law enforcement the same tools and firearms allowed to other civilians.
- Develop true school-choice programs where the money follows the student — not directed towards a government institution or a private workers union — where all schools private and public can compete for students without regard to ZIP codes or income brackets.
- Institute a 2-year national service program that gives those young people completing it a free 4-year degree and subsidized health care — similar to our military veterans.
- Change the tax system so that it focuses on land location values and not improvements, on natural resource exploitation not on wages, on carbon release not on the profit motive — similar to what has been proposed by Adam Smith, Thomas Paine and Henry George.
- Use the funds from number 5 to support a universal dividend payment to every citizen - much like proposed by Adam Smith, Thomas Paine, and Henry George.
And I’m sure there are a great deal other areas to reform — but if we start with these we will have come a long way to creating a more just society within the confines of individual rights, equal application of laws, and limited government.